We are seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to join our Trust Board and eventually become a Supporter Director at Chorley Football Club. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the club's relationship with its supporters, help shape the future of fan engagement and to be involved in a more hands on approach at your club. If you are an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong passion for Chorley Football Club then we want to hear from you.
- Attending and participating in all CFC Board meetings, shareholder meetings, etc., unless impossible.
- Managing effective communication between CFC Board and MT.
- Attending as many as possible home and away matches, using the opportunity to interact with CFC directors, opposition directors, club staff and supporters, visiting Supporters’ Trusts or representatives.
- Attending Fans' Forums and being available for questions.
- Attending and participating in MT Board monthly meetings giving regular reports and updates on appropriate information, and on matters requiring discussion and/or input from the Trust.
- Attending MT AGM and be available for questions.
- Pro-actively seeking the views and concerns of supporters, communicating any significant issues raised to the relevant parts of the club and attempting to secure the best outcome for the supporters, bearing in mind the director’s ultimate legal responsibilities.
- Being easily available for supporters to contact via various media (email, telephone, post, etc.) and providing a prompt acknowledgement and response to communications.
- Maintaining regular contact with all supporters’ groups (Football Supporters Association) and attending meetings wherever possible.
- Being an Ambassador for the Club, hosting visiting officials if required
- Liaising with local officials, Council officials, sponsors, etc. if required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- To be/become a member of the MT Board.
- A passion for football and a thorough understanding of the culture and dynamics of supporter communities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect with supporters from diverse backgrounds.
- The flexibility to be available evenings and weekends as required, given the nature of football events, supporter activities and meetings.
- Computer literate.
Further to the above:
- Not have been disqualified by a court from acting as a Company Director (unless he or she has been given leave (permission) to act by a court for a particular company).
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt (except with leave of the court).
How to Apply:
If you are excited about the opportunity to contribute to the success of Magpies Trust and Chorley Football Club, and foster a strong connection between the club and its supporters, please submit your application via a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and your vision for supporter engagement, and any other supporting documents to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until noon on Friday 28th July.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Those successful after the interview stage will be put forward to the members for a vote.